Pages

AMAZON STORE

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

A NEW LANGUAGE - TEXTING

A NEW LANGUAGE

Every new generation makes up new words or create acronyms or abbreviations for words or phrases. But back when BBB (Baffled Baby Boomer) was a kid, there were only the usual acronyms that were created by the government, military, scientists, etc. such as MIA, CIA, FBI, UFO, SOS, VIP, DOA, DOB, COD, or for food such as KFC (Kentucky Fried Chicken) and blt (bacon, lettuce and tomato.) And once in a while some drunk imbecile would have the sole creative spark of their lifetime and make up one such as b.o. (body odor) only to end up later in AA.

However, now the new generation of the internet has caused an explosion of acronyms and abbreviations used for chat rooms or text messaging and it grows every day. I have seen lists on the internet that have compiled thousands of this new language. I have compiled a list to help reveal and break this new code. (note: I read that capital letters are rarely used except to express volume or SCREAMING and are rude to overuse them.)

kiss – keep it simple, stupid
rotf – rolling on the floor
rotflmao – rolling on the floor laughing my ass off
rotflmaaobpo - rolling on the floor laughing my ass and other body parts off (only used by zombies)
coo – cool (real time saver kids)
wut – what (again, so clever)
kk – ok (much easier)
wuteve – whatever (whatever)
Sup – What's up
ty – thank you
yw – you're welcome (at least it is shorter)
wdymbt – what do you mean by that (paraphrase of “What you talking 'bout, Willis?)
jk – just kidding
lol – laugh out loud
tbh – to be honest
wtf – what the fuck (C'mon, we all used this one before)
gtg – good to go, got to go
fml – fuck my life (used by optimists only)
bbiab – be back in a bit
bisly – but I still love you (aaf – as a friend)
jtlyk – just to let you know
omg – oh my God
nvm, nm – never mind
cya, cu – see you
bff – best friends forever
bf, gf – boyfriend, girlfriend
brb – be right back (I thought it meant burb, so my contribution is frt)
btw – by the way
fwiw – for what it's worth
btaim, btam – be that as it may
ntim – not that it matters
wb – welcome back
np – no problem (There goes my new acronym for “no penis” or “non-pollutant”)
afk – away from keyboard (very efficient)
bio – bio break, bathroom break, (older generation terms, PAL for pinching a loaf) .
asl – age sex location (My suggested response for kids – PCCJT - perv, calling cops, jail-time)
o rly – oh really?
Iirc – if I recall correctly
imho - in my humble opinion (I am a ho)
mtfbwy – may the force be with you (omg, I can relate to that!)
noob, nub, newb, noobie - newcomer, rookie, amateur
oatus – on a totally unrelated subject
plz – please
pmfji – pardon me for jumping in
rtfm – read the fucking manual
ttyl – talk to you later
thx – thanks
ty – thank you
tyvm – thank you very much
tytyvm – bad Elvis impersonation
l8r – later (finally using some numbers)
2day – today
Starbucks *$ (now used with 2 $)
2c4u – too cool for you
4ever – forever
4eva – forever (if you have NY or Boston accent)
458 or 459 – I love you (someone please comment how these three numbers say that)
fwb – friends with benefits (like health coverage)
f2f, ftf – face to face
glhf – good luck have fun
hak – hugs and kisses
hand – have a nice day
ily, ilu – l love you
nm – never mind
aitr – adult in the room
paw – parents are watching
pov – parents over shoulder
p911 – parents coming into room alert
kpc – keeping parents clueless (not anymore you rotten kids)
QQ – crying as an emoticon
swak – sealed with a kiss (oldie but goodie)
tmi – too much information (popularized by Uma Thurman in PULP FICTION)
wycm – will you call me (or I smell desperation.)
411 – all the information
hehe - laughing
AA – Adios Amigo, (or Alcoholics Anonymous tuof “to us older folk”)
AAA – Adios All Amigos, (Fix my Fucking Flat Tire tuof)
tb = too bad (tuberculosis tuof)
pip = peeing in pants (or Pip for you Dickensian types)


MADE UP BY ME USING MORE OF THE KEYBOARD:

#ack – attack
:hole - colon hole = asshole
^ur : - up your ass
^ ^ naway - up up and away (5th Dimension fans)
Ioua - I owe you a (kiss, hug, new car, etc.)
cuO - see you around
4u - for you
iminH7 - I am in Heaven
H(<'sQQing@u,qtpie - Here's looking at you, cutie pie.
s9h(< - sign here
swn – she wore an (ene, wene, yellow polka dot bikini)
KC@ > - Casey at bat
14the$ - one for the money
24thesho - two for the show
32getrede - three to get ready
&42go - and four to go
aaakkkkkkkkkkkkkk – having stroke


DOG and CAT TEXTING LANGUAGE:

lmb - licking my balls
itisapc - I thought I saw a puddy cat
fb - fur ball
ttmtp - tear that mieces to pieces
bih - bitch in heat
cod - cat or dog (I'm calling the ASPCA, dogcatcher, police)
gyahnwmbisoyp! - get your ass home n walk me before I shit on your pillow!

tag words:  texting, internet, chat rooms, chat, internet slang, sms

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Pass it on, pass it on, to the young and old." JH "KEEP ON PUSHING, STRAIGHT AHEAD"